Monday 22 February 2010

My first race of the cross country season


Valentine's Day saw me return to XC action. I love cross country, it is definitely my favourite part of the year and I've really missed taking part in this year's XC league. Luckily, my fellow NHRR member Rachel was kind enough to offer to Hannah-sit (she's training for the Brighton Marathon and had done a long run the day before). Even more luckily, Hannah is generally well behaved so as long as she has been fed and watered she is usually fine in her pram.
The race was 2 hilly laps round Ampthill Park so if the worst came to the worst I could always drop out halfway round. As it happened Hannah was absolutely fine and every time I ran past her I sighed a huge sigh of relief as all was silent.
Sadly, I am not in great shape (understatement of the year) and I did find it very hard indeed and looking at the pictures it's clear to see why...too much coffee and cake makes Lindsay a heavy girl...

1 comment:

buryblue said...

Well done on the cross country race, puts me to shame as I watched our club race and took photos but didn't run.

Good memories I have run at Ampthill a few times !