Sunday 5 September 2010

Drowning Squirrel?

This week's sporting activity took a slight change of tack, I took part in the inaugural Duck n Dash aquathon, a 400m swim and a 5k run based at Letchworth outdoor pool. I have only ever done something like this once before and that was quite a number of years ago...I don't think I have been this nervous for a very long time indeed! Didn't help that we only got back from our holiday at 11pm the night before and I barely slept knowing I was going to have to get up at 5:15 (ouch, on a Sunday too).
I had been very careful with my swim time estimate which meant I was 4th in the pool...as it happened I didn't swim as slow as I feared but I was pretty slow on the run (a result of the cold mentioned in a previous post). However, all things considered I really enjoyed it and would definitely do it again!

No comments: