Sunday 9 January 2011

Where have the last few months gone?

The last time I blogged I was trying to train for the Rutland Water marathon. Sadly, things didn't go as planned and a cold, a cough and a weird lump on my achilles meant I missed a load of training. I almost ran the marathon anyway but I had missed so much training I was worried about coming last so I decided not to. As it happened, I probably wouldn't have come last BUT I came down with a really evil cold the next day so it would probably have all ended badly...
Shortly after all this I discovered I had somehow managed to get a ballot place (one of the extra for those who bequeath to charity) for the London Marathon 2011. Eek, I didn't expect that to happen when I applied for a place in April! Oops.
Since then I have had one cold after another culminating in flu between Christmas and New Year so my training hasn't started well...still, onwards and upwards, I am sure things will improve! On the plus side, I've lost half a stone so I am starting to get a bit lighter which will hopefully help (what's the secret? Eat less and exercise more)

My first week of training can be summarised in 4 words, Pirton Boxing Day Run, my second week has been better, a 4 mile run and a 7.8 mile run:



No comments: