Thursday 3 February 2011

February - has a corner been turned?

At the beginning of January I did a 1500m reps session where I struggled to do 3 reps...well, on Tuesday I did a mile rep session where I sailed through 4 reps! Hurrah! And this was after having run the day before as well. Woooooooooooohoooooooooooooo! Maybe my running mojo is back after being on the longest holiday ever?
Hopefully I have turned a corner. I've noticed this before with running and getting fit, you slog away for ages with no sight of the corner ahead and wondering if it will ever appear...then it appears and you zoom round it and along the straight (I'm trying to say that getting fit is hard, but once you are fit and in the habit of running, keeping fit and getting fitter are much easier).
However, I shouldn't get too excited, I am currently cursed with a cold and about 1000 cold sores on my lip (very painful...) so I am resting and hoping I feel better soon...I blame germy children once again!

1 comment:

Tash said...

Great stuff Lindsay. Thought you looked really strong on Tuesday.
:o)