Monday 7 February 2011

Wellingborough 15K

The Wellingborough 15K was a new event for NHRR and February's run of the month. Since my last post I suffered a little bit from a cold (but luckily not as bad as Mr C and Little Miss C) so I hadn't run so I suppose I should have been well rested!
It took us about an hour to get to Irchester Country Park. The race was 3 undulating laps of 5K (there were 5K and 10K versions of the race too), it was off road and pretty mild. The first couple of laps were quite busy but the last lap was a little lonely as the shorter distance runners had finished.
I finished in just under 1:35 which I was really pleased with, I walked a bit on the hills but felt stronger as the race went on and, most importantly, didn't come last. I even got cheers from Mr C and Little Miss C which was a nice way to finish!
All in all I'd recommend this race, nice atmosphere, nice course and nice cafe at the end!

No comments: