Monday 25 August 2008

All dressed up and nowhere to go

I am currently sitting here in my running kit after haivng to abort my efforts at a long run this morning after approximately 400m. I felt a bit sick, my head is all a bit woolly and my legs were completely empty. Not good.

It all started on Friday evening. Gary and I lounged at home, ate the leftovers from the Olympic themed handicap we had at the club on Thursday night and had a wee glass of wine (or 3 in my case...). I spent the rest of the night feeling very ill indeed and being sick and despite the fact I had some wine I am pretty sure that this was not alchohol related, I am currently blaming either dodgy chicken at Nandos, dodgy gelato at the local ice cream shop or my morning coffee (and Friday almond croissant treat bought for me by a colleague at Monmouth coffee (this all says very bad things about my daily food intake, this isn't usual but point taken).
Anyway, I woke up on Saturday morning feeling terible and spent all day in a heap on the sofa not moving and watching the penultimate day of the Olympics. To illustrate my bleughness I even chose not to go for lunch at my favorite restaurant, Just 32. I also didn't do the tidying up that Gary is so keen that I do! Given I had hardly eaten all day I thought running on Sunday would not be a good idea (although I felt loads better) so I decided today was the day. But it turned out not to be the case, ho hum.

It's worrying when you miss out on a few days training in a row. You start to become a bit manic and neurotic, worrying about how this will affect your big race in a couple of months time. I am trying not to worry and attempting not to fall into the trap of forcing yourself to run when you really don't feel up to it.

Apart from this recent disaster, how's has the rest of my training been going then? Well, not too bad really, a bit up and down but generally ok.

Week two
Sunday: post wedding recovery...
Monday: 11.5 miles in total (see also my comments on this)
Tuesday: 0 (cooking at the club!)
Wednesday: 7.5 miles
Thursday: Circuits in the morning, 0 miles running, travelling to my sister's wedding
Friday: 0, having my hair done for my sister's wedding
Saturday: 0, post wedding recovery

Total: 19 plus one circuits class
Verdict: erm, not good

Week three
Sunday: 15 miles in Preston
Monday: 0
Tuesday: Circuits in the morning, 6 miles at the club in the evening
Wednesday: 0 (went to Dublin for the day and had to cook on thursday so no time for running :-()
Thursday: 3.5 miles Olympic handicap race
Friday: 0
Saturday: 0

Total: 24.5
Verdict: Good long run but generally disappointing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You not only win the prize for the most links in any one blog, but also take top spot for most dramatic transformation from runner into bridesmaid. Wow - you look stunning & take it that you were just looking after the pint of ale for the photographer!
Tash