Wednesday 13 August 2008

Week one training update

So, how was week 1 then? Week one was NYCM - 13 weeks and was the first week where I really started to concentrate on training for this darn marathon.

One of my main aims of training this time round is to get regular long runs (half the distance of the longest run) in on a Wednesday and sadly I didn't make that in week one. Instead I went to see Mamma Mia with some work colleagues (the stage show, not the film)...not a bad excuse really.

I am keeping track of my training (and Gary's) in an excel spreadsheet on my work laptop so if you ever see me on the train tapping away I an probably trying to find ways to make my mileage look like more than it actually is!

Anyway, back to week one:
Sunday: 12.5 miles long run(ish), tool me ages (I think around 2 and a half hours) and there was loads of walking
Tuesday: Circuits (am), 6 miles off road at the running club (pm)
Saturday: 3 miles in Mouans Sartoux, France
Total: 1 gym session, 21.5 miles.
Verdict: OK start but could do better


Oh, and as i am using a american book for guidance this time round, all the weeks start on Sundays not Mondays, they do say a change is as good as a rest!

No comments: