Sunday 1 March 2009

East Haddon XC

East Haddon XC
I've said it before and I will say it again, I love cross country. OK, so Easy Haddon is 60 miles away but the course is fairly scenic, there's mud and hills, what more could a girl ask for? Added to that it was a lovely day, very spring like! Sadly, only 19 squirrels could make it but those that did had a very special experience and (as far as I know) enjoyed it a lot!
I ran ok, pootled along really. That is until the penultimate field where i came across Neil Miller and Luke Humphries who encouraged me to catch the 2 people in front of me (they had just overtaken me on the hill going into the field). Anyway, I did. And then I decided the next 2 were in my sights. I charged along with all sorts of people cheering me on and I had one of those moments where I seemed to be catching them with every step. I caught them and then still had to charge into the finishing straight hoping I would stay away from them and I did, hurrah!

In the process, the most unflattering photo of me ever got taken but at least I know I was running fast at the same time!



NHRR Photos
Originally uploaded by NHRR

No comments: