Friday 6 March 2009

Post New York Marathon reflection

I know, I know, I went underground blog-wise after the New York Marathon, what happened? Well, I was pleased...and tired...and jet lagged...and went on holiday...and then it was Christmas, just like that. I did all Stevenage 5ks (the first one of them in my fastest time for around 5 or 6 years), the NHRR cross country and the Bungtingford 10 but for the rest of 2008 that was it.
And it appears I was missed. A few club members commented that I hadn't posted for a while plus a Stopsley Strider (hello!) mentioned it in passing during the NHRR XC!
2009 started a bit better with the Herts XC (tiring!), Fred Hughes 10 (disappointing) and then the blog is up to date.

What happened? Well, 2 marathons in a year was tough going both physically and mentally and I needed a break. But I am back now (unluckily for you but you don't have to read this do you?).

No comments: