Sunday 29 March 2009

Sandy 10

It was a nice day for the short trip north up the A1 to Sandy for the Sandy 10. It's a while since I last did this race plus I haven't done it many times but I did remember it had a hill in the first couple of miles that you run down again near the end of the race. Other than that it's all a bit of a blur of not running well!

Gazza (aka him indoors or my worse other half) had had a bit of a knee injury and I wasn't expecting too much of my race...mainly because I am due to have a baby at the end of September (but more of that in another post at a later stage) so we weren't too stressed out.

So we set off, out of Sandy in the sun and towards the hill. About half way up the hill I came across a running friend, Malc from Bedford Harriers so we had a nice chat before Malc had a little walk not long before the top of the hill. Luckily the hill wasn't as bad as I had remembered (btw, see Statto's blog for more undulation information). Needless to say, Malc caught me up again before long, then I caught him, he caught me etc all the way until the downhill finish where he stormed past me...I'll get him next time!

All in all, I had a nice run, ran all the way, finished strongly (even catching Geoff P a couple of miles before the end), I paced it well and really enjoyed it. Maybe there is something to be said for starting a race with no real aim and I was happy with my time of 1:38:53?

I even had a half decent photo taken of me (look at the top right of the screen!)

No comments: