Wednesday 25 August 2010

Getting there!

I thought it was definitely time to give you an update on how my training is going. As I mentioned in my previous post I am following the Hal Higden Novice training schedule which is essentially 4 runs a week and one day of cross training. So far, so good although I did stub my toe quite badly just after I last posted which meant I had a slow start to my new training regime! I have been able to manage the frequency of runs although I am still a bit down on the distance of the long run. I've also done a couple of races, races 1 and 2 of the Stevenage 5k series. I finished the first race in just over 30 minutes and knocked a minute and half off the time in the second race 2 weeks later, hurrah!
As I have struggled with getting going with my training I have been pondering the following:
  • Getting fit is hard
  • Getting fit when you are overweight is hard
  • If I didn't already know I could get do it ('cos I've done it before) I would have stopped by now. Over the last few years I noticed that you get people coming to North Herts Road Runners to come and get fit. A lot of them come a long for a few weeks and then stop, I can now see why, getting fit is super hard work!
    That said, I have noticed over the last week or two that running is starting to get a bit easier, I am getting there at last!
  • No comments: