Sunday 1 August 2010

A new challenge

Right, at the end of my last post I mentioned I needed a new challenge. I am not one to do things by halves so a few weeks ago I entered the Rutland Water Marathon at the beginning of November. Yes, this is madness but I feel like I need something big to get my teeth into! I looked at a few training plans online and decided that the Hal Higden Novice training schedule would be a good place to start. Although I've done 13 marathons (the 12 mentioned in that link plus New York, I haven't trained consistently for around a year now so I would consider myself as a novice. It's quite a simple schedule (essentially 4 runs a week and one day of cross training) which is a frequency I think is achievable.

So the plan for next week is a couple of 3 mile runs, a 5 mile and a 10 mile. The 10 mile could be a bit challenging but I just need to grit my teeth and see how it goes.

Watch this space!

2 comments:

buryblue said...

Good luck with the marathon it's always good to have a focus

zbsports said...

Good luck to your new challenge...hope everything will be on right track...:D