Sunday 1 August 2010

New beginnings!

As you can maybe guess from my lack of blogging, training has been somewhat intermittent of late (there is a positive correlation between frequency of training and frequency of blogging). Essentially, I am still struggling to get going although things are definitely improving, here's a summary:
  • For those of you know me, we've been homeless for 6 weeks and have been nomadically moving from place to place, I have been getting some training runs in, but nothing much more than a few 40ish minute runs
  • I've done a couple of Midweek League races, namely the 10k at Royston and the 9k mob match at Trent Park. I was particularly pleased with my trent park race as I managed to run a hilly off road course without having to stop for a walk :-) Of course, it goes without saying that the times for these 2 races are not worth reporting so I won't!


    Mob Match @ Trent Park


    I guess the important thing here is that although I am horrible unfit at the moment, I have been here before (many years ago!) and I know I can get fit again. But it's very hard and if I didn't already know I could do it I might have given up already.

    So where next for this overweight, unfit, motivationless runner? What about a new challenge? Yep, I think that'll do the trick!
  • No comments: