Thursday 28 January 2010

Buggyfit

I mentioned in a recent post that I was going to try out a buggyfit class in an attempt to regain some fitness. So on Tuesday morning I dusted off my trainers, packaged Hannah up in her pram and with some trepidation power walked (because as usual I was late) off to Butts Close, Hitchin.
There were 8 of in the class, all of us new as none of the usuals were there which meant at least the class could be tailored to us a little bit better. We started by strolling round the park, did some stretching and then power walked around the park. We then did some reps of lunges (with the pram, an interesting test in co-ordination), some pelvic floor exercises and some cardio work (running or power walking) around part of the park and finished off with some exercises for triceps and abs.
I really enjoyed it and felt I was able to be quite energetic which was a nice surprise. That said, it was harder than I expected and I know that even at my most fit, that number of lunges would have made my legs hurt. Anyway, I paid for 10 classes up front so I will have to keep going now. Even better, Hannah loved being jostled around in her Nipper 360 and slept through the whole class, well worth it!
And now? Well, 2 days later I am suffering from the lunges and my legs are sore...but I am sure I will recover!

1 comment:

buryblue said...

Lindsay

Sounds like great fun the closest I have come to it is racing with a wheelbarrrow at a carnival! Love to see a photo of this Will there be a buggy race perhaps in Hitchin!