Saturday 2 January 2010

Racing again...but not training

I've not blogged (or trained really!) in a while but I did a couple of races in December.
My post-Hannah debut was the third of the Stevenage 5k series on December 10th. I think my training for that race consisted of the run described below and one other (about 40 minutes in very wet conditions!) so I was slightly concerned about how I would get on. But, 5k is only 3 and a bit miles and I survived unscathed! I ran all the way round, even feeling comparatively strong in the last kilometre and finished in an unimpressive time of 31:19. How times have changed, I was very happy indeed with my unimpressive time!

My next race was the Pirton Boxing Day Run, a very friendly, relaxed local off road 3 and a bit mile race. I have to admit I didn't run at all between these 2 races (although in my defence I do a lot of walking with the pram). And yes, no training and a muddy slushy course is hard work. However, I did really enjoy it (but I did have to go to bed at 8:30 that night as I was so tired).

1 comment:

buryblue said...

Good photos of your 5k races , hope you are soon back on the road. Not so many years ago I used to run fairly close to use for Stopsley Striders and ran at Stevenage and Watford so good to see your pics

Regards Paul