Monday 29 March 2010

Herts XC fun

Yesterday saw the rerunning of the cancelled Herts XC (cancelled due to snow in January) in Cassiobury Park, Watford. The Herts XC championships are usually a low key affair and this year they were even lower key than usual. However, it was a lovely day for a run, the sun was shining and the daffodils were out, very spring-like indeed. I've not run that much recently, laziness and illness being the main reasons and as a result I had a bad day at the office...I did come 17th...out of 17 finishers. Oops.
The main issue of the day was how to co-ordinate looking after mini-cook. There were only 45 minutes between the start of the ladies race and the start of the men's race and it took me just under 55 minutes to complete the course. We had a couple of options, Gary could start the men's race when I finished or we could find someone to mini-cook-sit. Luckily we knew one of the timing people so when I finished, mini-cook was waiting for me at the finish line. (Looking at the results, Gary finished 16 minutes ahead of the last placed runner so if he had waited for me he would have caught 10 men, not bad eh?)

No comments: