Sunday 2 March 2008

Wasting time before going on a long run

It's Sunday morning and I am due to go out for a long run...amazingly this week's training has gone pretty well so I am not dreading it as much as I sometimes do but I haven't quite got round to getting out there yet! I've got a few stalling tactics: lounging in bed, putting some washing on and then needing to wait until it is finished (and yes Gary, I know I hardly ever do any of the washing!), watching Match of the Day, writing this blog, checking out facebook...anyway, I really should get going as it'll be a while before I get back!
As I said above, this week's training has gone pretty well. I was pleased with last week's long run and I've done 3 runs since then. This upturn in form has coincided with a new pair of trainers as the air in my last pair started to make a funny noise last week and my investment in some bright yellow socks so I am sure my slight form improvement is down to that! Also, I think writing this blog has shamed me into doing some training!
And finally, Secret Squirrel mentioned in her blog about how she finds rest days hard. I have to admit I don't! As long as I am over the guilt thing (which by now I really should be!) I am more than able to enjoy a rest day or 3 every week.

No comments: