Sunday 25 May 2008

Training week ending 25 May

It's been a busy week this week so my main focus hasn't been running (sadly) but here's my training this week:

Tuesday: am - circuits, pm - 10x300m parlauf/100m recovery
Thursday: am - circuits
Saturday: bootcamp
Sunday: 5 miles

Not a great week running-wise but I have just come back from yet another lovely Sunday run.
Most people reading this blog probably know I am not from Hitchin originally. I'm an exiled northener whose work meant I ended up living and working in Hertfordshire (initially on a 3 month contract - I was going to go back home!), joining NHRR, meeting Gary and unexpectedly deciding to live in Hitchin.
But I was lucky, I love living in Hitchin, it's a great mix of convenient location and loads of nice countryside nearby. Today, was a perfect example. From home, I ran 5 minutes out towards Charlton and then into the countryside. It was raining...I love running in the rain, and everywhere was all green and fresh. OK, so I was off road and there are some heavy muddy paths but they didn't last too long (luckily!). I guess the downside is by the end of the run I was soaked (especially my feet), and my legs were covered in nettle stings (still stinging now I am back!). This kind of run is precisely why I love running.

No comments: