Tuesday 2 September 2008

Fat Foot

This week's training didn't start as well as it could have done (given the non-long running last week) so I had high hopes I could bring it round and start to feel a little more confident about my mileage.
I had already promised to go to the cinema with Gary on Wednesday to see The Dark Knight and he had rearranged his training to fit round that so I thought I had better not risk a divorce so I didn't have too many options for fitting in my training. We were also invited to another wedding in the North of England which as already noted makes life tricky when it comes to marathon training.
However, as it happened, it was a Northern mozzie that ruined my training this week! It turned out I was very tasty for Bury-based mosquitos. While getting fresh air at the wedding I got bitten like crazy by these pesky insects including a couple of badly placed bites on my right foot. Of course it swelled up like mad and I was unable to fit my trainer on on Sunday, let alone run!. Luckily for me and my marriage it was a lot better on Monday and I was able to spend the day at Alton Towers to celebrate Gary's birthday!

Week Four
Sunday: 0
Monday: 0
Tuesday: 4.5 miles including 4*5 min hill efforts
Wednesday: 0
Thursday: Circuits in the morning, 6 miles fartlek
Friday: 0
Saturday: 8 miles to Preston

Total: 18.5 plus one circuits class
Verdict: Even worse than last week

BTW I am blogging in bed right now and Gary is snoring, this is such a rare occurrence I felt I needed to share this with you....

No comments: