Wednesday 13 February 2008

Here I am...

So, here I am, blogging about my marathon training...

Objective: London Marathon, Sunday 13 April 2008, according to the London Marathon website it is 1 month, 27 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes and 56 seconds away...hmm, since when was it that close!

Running aim: under 4:30 please, thank you!

Past form: this will be number 11 I think (London 4 times, Paris 3 times, Zurich, Rome and Berlin all once). My PB is 4:11:16 (Paris, 2005) and my PW is 5:28:46 (London, 2007). Most of my times have been around 4 and a half hours .

Anything special about this one: I was a 5 time reject so I felt after all that effort I should take the place and give it another go!

Current form: mmm, that is interesting. I am not ht efittest (and haven'tbeen for over a year now) and also pretty overweight...time for a change me thinks!

Training so far: January ended up being a bit of a write off due to illness, travelling and general business. I ended 2007/started 2008 with:
  • Buntingford 10 on 30 December
  • 11 mile run and the Herts XC on 5/6 January
  • Another 11 mile run and the Ampthill XC on 12/13 January
  • A jet lagged Fred Hughes 10 on 20 January
  • The Southern XC and a 7 mile run (my legs were tired!) on 26/27 January
  • 10 miles on 6 February
  • 12 miles and the East Haddon XC on 9/10 February
  • Plus various shorter runs in between times, more in February than in January and no more than a couple of additional runs per week and max 6 miles

So, that means I need to get myself sorted and really work on this as there is less than 2 months to go!

No comments: