Thursday 21 February 2008

Highs and Lows...

On Monday I was really feeling really enthusiastic after a good weekend of running but over the course of this week I have descended lower and lower...

Here was my plan for the week:
Monday: have a rest :-)
Tuesday: circuits (am) and a 5 mile run
Wednesday: run with the gym running club, around 4 miles
Thursday: circuits (am) and 6-7 in the evening
Friday: have a rest :-)
Saturday: National XC (5 miles)
Sunday: 18 mile

However, things have gone a bit wrong...here's the sorry tale...
First of all I did manage to achieve my Monday rest (yay, that was easy) but on Monday I did have a nasty headache, I got home at 7:30pm, we had a committee meeting at 8 and I finally crawled into bed at 10:30...
Tuesday started with a continuation of my sore head which eventually meant I didn't do my evening run (running with a headache, ugh!) or go to my Tuesday circuits class.
Wednesday was a better head day! But this week has been mental at work and I didn't get home until 8pm and ended up working at home until midnight.
Thursday started better, I made it to circuits and actually did some excercise, yay! But with the continuing mental work issues I got a very late meeting request to a meeting I had to attend that goes on until 6:30pm which means I won't make it to the club. The topic of Unicode is also not the most exciting as I am sure you can imagine! I'm going to try really hard to go running when I get home but I know myself too well :-)

I know I am no different to anyone else who has a job and a life but this does just go to show how hard marathon training can be and I am not even putting myself under huge pressure here. (Mind you, it would be easier if I was faster, at least I'd get through my training runs a bit quicker!!!!!) I am constantly trying to come up with creative ways to make time for my runs...the best solution is to add more hours to the day!

No comments: