Monday 18 February 2008

There's light at the end of the tunnel...

Thursday's circuit training killed me! I ached all over on Thursday and Friday which caused me to miss my Thursday night training...
However, there may be light at the end of the tunnel after this weekend.

This week's training:
Monday: have a rest :-)
Tuesday: circuits (am) and a 3.5 mile run(pm)
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: circuits (am)
Friday: rest
Saturday: 7 mile (some off road)
Sunday: 14 mile (some off road)

Totals:
Training sessions: 3 running, 2 circuits
Total milage: 24.5

Gary andI went away this weekend to a cottage in Suffolk called The Pump House. The cottage was on the edge of a village with easy access to quiet roads and loads of footpaths. The weather (although cold) was perfect for running and on Saturday we worked out a 7 mile route using the maps in the cottage. It was just so lovely being out in this weather and reminded me of why I love running. The Saturday 7 miler went really well and given that success we decided to do 2 laps of the same run again on Sunday so that we could get the long run in too. also, this meant Gary could lounge in bed for an extra hour and still finish before me (I ish my legs were that long so I could run a bit faster!)

So, all in all this weekend made me feel a bit more encouraged...let's see how I get on this week!

No comments: