Sunday 13 April 2008

I did it!

I finished in 4:43:46, here are my splits.
Initial thoughts:
  • I did what I wanted to which was to beat last year's Rome time of somewhere in the region of 4:55ish (I can't find out the exact time as I didn't write it down and the Rome Marathon website won't tell me)!
  • I did walk a little bit, mainly around water stations but nothing like the way I've had to walk in past marathons. I actually felt like I could keep running which is pretty rare for me
  • I slowed down in the second half of the race but it wasn't as bad as other races
  • I very much enjoyed it despite the driving rain and hailstones at times!
  • NHRR are good at supporting (so far I think NHRR are good at running, making food, eating and supporting!)

    So basically I am pretty chuffed...and tired so I am off to clean up and rest now!
  • No comments: