Sunday 20 April 2008

So, what next?

It's one week since the London Marathon and I've already moved on! It's amazing how you can spend all that time training for something and then just leave it behind like a peice of rubbish...
My legs were super sore until Thursday but otherwise I felt fine, not too tired at all which was a relief. On Thursday I started back at the gym and went for a 5 mile run and I felt fine and today I ran the Flitwick 10k. Not a great time (58:57) but I was very pleased with how I felt on the way round which is good.
So, what next? Well, this blog was ambiguously named so it can be a blog about training for a marathon or just a blog of marathon proportions. I think I will choose the latter, writing the blog does appear to have shamed me into some training...
And as far as running is concerned, Chris P hit the nail on the head with his comment about my training:
"Having followed your blog that was an amazing time of the back of that training. There is natural talent in there somewhere. Time you set yourself a single aim and targeted it and tried to stick with it.
It could be just to increase your age graded 10K result by a certain amount. Are you doing New York ?"

So that's it, to improve on my 10k % (well, basically my time) until July/August when I will start thinking about New York Marathon. Also, my sister is getting married in August and I'd like to be...erm...more slim by then. More over, more slim usually means more fast so let's give it a go!

No comments: