Tuesday 8 April 2008

Marathon in the snow anyone?

After the weather of the past few weeks I am now pondering what running a marathon in the snow would be like? I've come to the conclusion it would suit me a lot more than any other kind of weather. I found the very hot weather from last year's marathon really unbearable and I've done 3 or 4 races where it's been very cold or snowy. The BBC weather forecast doesn't go as far as sunday yet but so far no sign of snow.

So, if it did snow, what would I do differently? I'd still wear my 3/4 length leggings, they are my kit of choice at the moment and I'd probably wear a long sleeve t shirt instead of a short sleeve one. My main worry would be that I'd be out there for a long time and I find I get cold the longer I am out there. A 3 hour marathon is 2 hours shorter than a 5 hour marathon after all. And if it was extreme I'd wear my gloves and my fleecy ear warmer.

So, I have a plan now, bring it on!

No comments: